On Independence Day, link up with some other small retailers in your community to promote the benefits of a vibrant mom-and-pop retail scene. Put up signage touting your local links, organize a joint barbecue or some other communal event and tout your support of local jewelry designers. (Check out facebook.com/independentretailermonthUSA for more ideas and event calendars.)
- July 14 It took 63 years for Father’s Day to go from brainwave to presidential declaration. Who is to say Cousin’s Day won’t make the big time as well? Start promoting.
- July 18 The 80th birthday of Hunter S Thompson, author of Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas, who had this to say about risk-taking: “The only people who really know where (the edge) is are the ones who have gone over.”
- July 20 National In the Doghouse Day. Sales expert Dave Richardson says ask your client, “How big is that doghouse?” The key to solving his problem lies in what he says next.
This article originally appeared in the July 2017 edition of INSTORE.
Something Big Is Missing From Gene the Jeweler's Business
Several somethings, actually. And as in many other cases, the issue is not so much about what the fictional jeweler is doing. It's what he's not doing.
Latest Know How Stories
- 23 Ways to Drive Word-of-Mouth Marketing for Your Jewelry Business
- 8 (More) Ways to Go Green in Your Jewelry Store
- Jewelers Are Spending Way More Time on Social Media Than They Used To
- In Battle for No. 2 Diamond Shape, Princess Now Has Close Contenders
- Here's How Much the Average Independent Jeweler Earns – How Do You Compare?