Oct 1. Nordstrom offers in-store mammograms, Borsheims gives away pink tea, and the NFL delivers the sight of 300-pound linemen adorned in pink bootlaces. Breast Cancer Awareness month is a great opportunity for any civic-minded business to get involved in a worthy cause and raise its community profile. Jems Jewels & Gold in North Wales, PA, once raffled off a pink scooter. “People still come in talking about it four years later,” says owner Scott Kelly. This October, what will you be doing?
- Oct. 1 On the 85th anniversary of Babe Ruth’s “Called Shot” in the 1932 World Series, set an audacious and very public goal for this holiday season. (Then quickly get to work to make it happen.)
- Oct. 18 Celebrate Sweet Day with “Sweet Deals for Sweet Deeds.” Invite your customers to “Do something sweet for someone.”
- Oct. 29 For National Cat Day, get in touch with your local cat shelter to see if you can do something together to help promote the event.
This article originally appeared in the October 2017 edition of INSTORE.
Latest Know How Stories
- Jewelers Actually Found New Customers in These 10 Strange Places
- Big Diamonds Are Back – And You Can Profit From the Trend
- This Is the Top-Selling Watch Brand of 2017
- Jewelers Desire This Brand More Than Any Other ... (You Can Probably Guess This One)
- This Is the Biggest Change in How Stores Sell Jewelry