Once the preserve of big box retailers, the last week of November now offers something for everyone: Black Friday, Cyber Monday, Mobile Wednesday, even a Weed Wednesday for those who find all that family time a little too much. But for jewelers, it’s Small Business Saturday that deserves the thickest red circle in your calendar. This year, get serious. Hold a class, trunk show or wine tasting that underscores the personal touch you bring to retail in your community.
- Nov. 1 Prep your red ribbon bracelets and blue circle earrings. November is National AIDS Awareness MontH and National Diabetes Month. Ask around to see if there is a role you can play in a related community event.
- Nov. 11 Singles Day has become the world’s largest retail sales day. Celebrate the unattached lifestyle (“Yes, go ahead and buy those earrings for yourself!”).
- Nov. 30 On Computer Security Day, review your passwords. And if you’re using the same password as you use for social sites — change it!
This article originally appeared in the November 2017 edition of INSTORE.
Latest Know How Stories
- 23 Ways to Drive Word-of-Mouth Marketing for Your Jewelry Business
- 8 (More) Ways to Go Green in Your Jewelry Store
- Jewelers Are Spending Way More Time on Social Media Than They Used To
- In Battle for No. 2 Diamond Shape, Princess Now Has Close Contenders
- Here's How Much the Average Independent Jeweler Earns – How Do You Compare?