Three store workers shot back at the thieves.
A robbery suspect is dead following a shootout between employees and assailants at a Texas jewelry store, the Conroe Courier reports.
Police say four men went into the store and, during the robbery, shot at customers and workers. During the melee, Jeffery Turner Jr., owner of Jeff’s Jewelry, fired back with an AK-47. Other store employees also fired weapons, according to authorities.
No employees or customers were hurt. Police are searching for the three other robbery suspects.
KPRC-TV reports that three store workers, including Turner, fired shots during the incident, which began at about 12:40 p.m. The suspects had reportedly demanded cash and jewelry and tried to take a purse from an elderly customer.
A getaway car was found abandoned about one mile from the jewelry store, according to KPRC.
Authorities have not yet released the identity of the suspect who died.
The Courier reports that Turner wasn’t available for comment.
Latest Shine Headlines
- MJSA Announces 2017 Vision Award Winners (Take a Look at These Designs)
- These Eager Jewelry Buyers Are Avoiding Your Store — Here's Why
- High-End Jeweler Enters Insolvency Proceeding
- De Beers to Auction Polished Diamonds
- Jeweler — Once Victim to $15M Heist — Is Burglarized Again, and Other Crime News