The idea is to appeal to millennials who are increasingly putting off marriage.
The Diamond Producers Association has debuted its new “Real Is Rare” advertising campaign directed at millennials, and it stands in stark contrast from campaigns of the past.
You can watch two commercials in the campaign below.
AdWeek notes that these two spots feature couples whose “romances follow non-traditional trajectories.” They each feature couples who’ve had critical moments of uncertainty in their relationships.
The idea is to appeal to millennials who are increasingly putting off marriage. As AdWeek explains, the campaign “positions real diamonds as the truest symbols of a deep emotional commitment between two young people ... even if that bond isn't made official in the eyes of the law.”
The first video portrays a couple who ran away together after their first date — as the male narrator explains, “first to my apartment, then to Thailand, eventually to a third-floor walkup.”
The second commercial follows a couple who broke up and then got back together. The female narrator still isn’t sure whether they’ll ever get married.
The Diamond Producers Association is working with advertising agency Mother New York.
Latest Fun Stories
- Cartoon: The Jeweler Gets a Lucky Break
- Take the Perfect Proposal Selfie With This Engagement Ring Phone Case
- Gem Quiz: This Flamboyant Gem Was Named After a Founding Father of Brazilian Mineralogy
- There's Something Missing From Gene the Jeweler's Business ... Several Somethings, Actually
- Cartoon: A Surefire Way to Stop Losing Gemstones