The idea is to appeal to millennials who are increasingly putting off marriage.
The Diamond Producers Association has debuted its new “Real Is Rare” advertising campaign directed at millennials, and it stands in stark contrast from campaigns of the past.
You can watch two commercials in the campaign below.
AdWeek notes that these two spots feature couples whose “romances follow non-traditional trajectories.” They each feature couples who’ve had critical moments of uncertainty in their relationships.
The idea is to appeal to millennials who are increasingly putting off marriage. As AdWeek explains, the campaign “positions real diamonds as the truest symbols of a deep emotional commitment between two young people ... even if that bond isn't made official in the eyes of the law.”
The first video portrays a couple who ran away together after their first date — as the male narrator explains, “first to my apartment, then to Thailand, eventually to a third-floor walkup.”
The second commercial follows a couple who broke up and then got back together. The female narrator still isn’t sure whether they’ll ever get married.
The Diamond Producers Association is working with advertising agency Mother New York.
Latest Fun Stories
- Here's What One Jeweler Wanted to Say When A Client Asked Why There Was A Charge for Appraisals
- You Won't Believe What This Associate Said to An Off-Duty Cop Shopping in His Store
- This Piece of Jewelry Grew 12X in Value — or So Gene the Jeweler Thinks
- Cartoon: The Jeweler Gets a New Look
- Gene the Jeweler Takes Lots of Vacations — One Each Day, in Fact
Aging Merchandise? What a Perfect Time for an Anniversary Sale!
How Wilkerson helped this iconic jeweler get its mojo back.