Seriously, they tried this?
Police say two men burglarized a jewelry store in the French Quarter of New Orleans — and the shop was right next door to a police station.
The suspects were arrested just a few minutes later, NOLA.com reports.
Detectives at the station heard glass being shattered next door a little after midnight, NOLA.com reports. Immediately afterword, a person “ran into the station to let officers know that two men were burglarizing David's Antiques and Jewelry store,” according to the news report.
Police arrested two men: Donovan Griffin and Zachariah Woodruff. They were found with about $10,000 in merchandise, along with hammers and a crowbar, according to authorities.
The suspects were booked into the local jail on counts of simple burglary, along with carrying illegal weapons.
Read more at NOLA.com
Latest Fun Stories
- Cartoon: The Jeweler Gets a Lucky Break
- Take the Perfect Proposal Selfie With This Engagement Ring Phone Case
- Gem Quiz: This Flamboyant Gem Was Named After a Founding Father of Brazilian Mineralogy
- There's Something Missing From Gene the Jeweler's Business ... Several Somethings, Actually
- Cartoon: A Surefire Way to Stop Losing Gemstones