She has a long history of arrests.
Doris Payne, who has frequently made headlines for her long history as a jewelry thief, has been arrested in the Atlanta area.
Payne, 86, was taken into custody and charged with shoplifting at Perimeter Mall in Dunwoody, GA, WXIA-TV reports.
The New York Post reports: “A police report says Payne put a $2,000 necklace in her back pocket and tried to leave the store.” The newspaper reports that her career as a jewelry thief “has spanned six decades.”
Payne has been arrested many times before in the U.S. and several other countries, including Switzerland and France.
In 2013 a documentary about her was released: “The Life and Crimes of Doris Payne.”
Read more at WXIA
Latest Shine Headlines
- US Small Businesses Eye Expansion Despite Concerns About Economy
- Man Accused of Buying $100,000 in Jewelry with Dead Person's Credit Card
- Tiffany Sales Surprisingly Low
- MJSA Announces 2017 Vision Award Winners (Take a Look at These Designs)
- These Eager Jewelry Buyers Are Avoiding Your Store — Here's Why