She has a long history of arrests.
Doris Payne, who has frequently made headlines for her long history as a jewelry thief, has been arrested in the Atlanta area.
Payne, 86, was taken into custody and charged with shoplifting at Perimeter Mall in Dunwoody, GA, WXIA-TV reports.
The New York Post reports: “A police report says Payne put a $2,000 necklace in her back pocket and tried to leave the store.” The newspaper reports that her career as a jewelry thief “has spanned six decades.”
Payne has been arrested many times before in the U.S. and several other countries, including Switzerland and France.
In 2013 a documentary about her was released: “The Life and Crimes of Doris Payne.”
Read more at WXIA
Latest Fun Stories
- Cartoon: Jewelry Design Is a Labor of Love
- Cartoon: The Jeweler Creates the Tool to End All Tools
- Gene Creates Lots of 'Custom' Jewelry ... But Does He Really?
- Believe It or Not, Avocado Ring Boxes Are Now a Thing
- New JVC CEO Gets Personal, Including Why She's a Nerd and Her Favorite Advice from RuPaul
JEWELER SUCCESS STORIES
A Worry-Free Way to Close Shop
Ron Pierro, owner of Pierro's Jewelers in Brandenton, Florida, chose Wilkerson to run his going out of business sale. From marketing to on-site sale management, Wilkerson did it all--giving Ron the kind of closure that only comes from trusting the best. Wilkerson.