He treated his employees as family.
John Bailliere Joseph of Josephs Jewelers in West Des Moines, IA, has died at age 55.
A posting on the store's Facebook page states: "He was a business leader who cared about the wellbeing of his employees and truly viewed them as extended family."
His obituary at Legacy.com says that Joseph, of Waukee, "passed away peacefully surrounded by family on December 13, 2016."
Joseph joined the family business in 1983.
The obituary further explains that he was an active member of the American Gem Society and held the title of Registered Jeweler.
"His passion for colored stones lead him to many great travels and jewelry shows around the world," according to the obituary.
Read the full obituary.
Latest Fun Stories
- This Piece of Jewelry Grew 12X in Value — or So Gene the Jeweler Thinks
- Cartoon: The Jeweler Gets a New Look
- Gene the Jeweler Takes Lots of Vacations — One Each Day, in Fact
- Wouldn't You Just Love to Say This to the Customer Who Pooh-Poohs a Complicated Repair?
- Cartoon: And It Was Love at First Sight ...
The Wilkerson Way
See how one jeweler's inventory sale turned unsold merchandise into cold, hard cash.