Just when you thought you’d heard it all ...
Authorities in New York say a man distracted jewelry-store employees and then made off with several rings by secretly placing them in his mouth.
Joseph Castro of Middletown, CT, has been arrested and charged with two counts of grand larceny in the third degree, the Daily Progress reports.
The crimes occurred at two stores in Massapequa and Bellmore.
In one case, Castro is believed to have put eight rings in his mouth, according to the newspaper. In all, he’s accused of taking nine rings with a combined value of $20,000.
Police say Castro went into a third jewelry store, and that’s when he was arrested.
He’s also charged with possession of drugs after allegedly being found with heroin.
Read more at the Daily Progress.
Latest Fun Stories
- Cartoon: The Jeweler Gets a Lucky Break
- Take the Perfect Proposal Selfie With This Engagement Ring Phone Case
- Gem Quiz: This Flamboyant Gem Was Named After a Founding Father of Brazilian Mineralogy
- There's Something Missing From Gene the Jeweler's Business ... Several Somethings, Actually
- Cartoon: A Surefire Way to Stop Losing Gemstones