Just when you thought you’d heard it all ...
Authorities in New York say a man distracted jewelry-store employees and then made off with several rings by secretly placing them in his mouth.
Joseph Castro of Middletown, CT, has been arrested and charged with two counts of grand larceny in the third degree, the Daily Progress reports.
The crimes occurred at two stores in Massapequa and Bellmore.
In one case, Castro is believed to have put eight rings in his mouth, according to the newspaper. In all, he’s accused of taking nine rings with a combined value of $20,000.
Police say Castro went into a third jewelry store, and that’s when he was arrested.
He’s also charged with possession of drugs after allegedly being found with heroin.
Read more at the Daily Progress.
Latest Fun Stories
- Here's What One Jeweler Wanted to Say When A Client Asked Why There Was A Charge for Appraisals
- You Won't Believe What This Associate Said to An Off-Duty Cop Shopping in His Store
- This Piece of Jewelry Grew 12X in Value — or So Gene the Jeweler Thinks
- Cartoon: The Jeweler Gets a New Look
- Gene the Jeweler Takes Lots of Vacations — One Each Day, in Fact
Aging Merchandise? What a Perfect Time for an Anniversary Sale!
How Wilkerson helped this iconic jeweler get its mojo back.