One suspect is still at large.
A jewelry store owner in Clarkston, MI, was shot during a robbery, but still got into his truck and chased the suspects down.
The owner of Clarkston Jewelry Outlet suffered an injury to his lower back from a bullet that first struck the floor near him, the Oakland Press reports. One of the two suspects also struck him with a gun, police said.
The store owner was treated at a local hospital.
When the suspects, who wore ski masks, left the store with cash, jewelry and a gun that had been stored in a safe, the 51-year-old store owner got into his truck and followed them, according to authorities.
When he discovered them in a parking lot, a dangerous scene ensued: He attempted to block them in, and one of the suspects shot at him. The shots missed.
The Oakland Press reports that at that point, the store owner “rammed their car to stop them from leaving.”
The suspects ran away, and one of them was soon caught by police, but had not yet been charged. The Oakland County Sheriff’s Office is still searching for the other suspect.
Read more at the Oakland Press.
Latest Fun Stories
- Cartoon: The Jeweler Gets a Lucky Break
- Take the Perfect Proposal Selfie With This Engagement Ring Phone Case
- Gem Quiz: This Flamboyant Gem Was Named After a Founding Father of Brazilian Mineralogy
- There's Something Missing From Gene the Jeweler's Business ... Several Somethings, Actually
- Cartoon: A Surefire Way to Stop Losing Gemstones