She just announced her engagement.
The Daily Mail reports that tennis star Serena Williams showed off her new ring as she boarded a helicopter in New Zealand.
Williams recently revealed that she is engaged to Alexis Ohanian, co-founder of Reddit.
The Daily Mail published photos of Williams, 35, wearing the ring. She and Ohanian, 33, were headed to Waiheke island, according to the news outlet.
Hollywood Life wrote: “Instead of a big, flashy diamond, the ring appeared to be a platinum or white gold band. Simple and classic!”
Hollywood Life speculated that the “low-key” ring might be “a way for her to practice while wearing the ring,” since diamond rings and intense sports workouts don’t necessarily mix.
Latest Shine Headlines
- Fewer Jewelry Stores Closed in the First Quarter
- Independent Jewelers Continue to Be Bullish on Outlook for 2017
- GIA Is Rolling Out a Desktop Testing Device for Mounted Gems
- Jewelry Brand Partners With Mercedes-Benz on Special-Edition Car
- Jeweler Finds Something Mysterious — and Cute — Outside His Door