Sentencing is set for Jan. 13.
Abigail Lee Kemp has admitted to more crimes committed during a jewelry-store robbery spree covering several states.
Kemp last week admitted to robberies in North Carolina, South Carolina and Georgia, the Panama City News Herald reports. Her plea was entered in federal court in Panama City.
According to the newspaper: “She already had pleaded guilty to conspiring with Lewis Jones III, 36, and brothers Larry Bernard Gilmore, 44, and Michael Bernard Gilmore, 47, in the robbery of a jewelry store in Pier Park and testified against the men in an attempt to receive leniency from the court.”
In all, Kemp, 25, has now admitted to two counts of brandishing a firearm during a crime of violence along with six counts of interfering with commerce by threat.
Kemp’s sentencing is set for Jan. 13. She could face a life sentence for each count of brandishing a firearm during a crime of violence.
Read more at the News Herald
Latest Fun Stories
- Here's What One Jeweler Wanted to Say When A Client Asked Why There Was A Charge for Appraisals
- You Won't Believe What This Associate Said to An Off-Duty Cop Shopping in His Store
- This Piece of Jewelry Grew 12X in Value — or So Gene the Jeweler Thinks
- Cartoon: The Jeweler Gets a New Look
- Gene the Jeweler Takes Lots of Vacations — One Each Day, in Fact
Aging Merchandise? What a Perfect Time for an Anniversary Sale!
How Wilkerson helped this iconic jeweler get its mojo back.