Make the mall work for you.
Jim Cramer, host of CNBC’s Mad Money, says shopping malls aren’t dead — but there’s a harsh truth that retailers must face.
The fact is that “the mall's rent is too expensive for all but the most exclusive specialty retailers,” he says.
For mass-market stuff, people would rather order online, in many cases from Amazon.com.
That’s bad news for the big guys like Macy’s and Kohl’s. But it’s fine for you as long as you can position yourself as a high-end retailer.
CNBC notes that people still “won't dish $10,000 for a pair of earrings without seeing them in person.”
Apart from that, Cramer says, "Everyone is too cheap to shop at the mall.”
Read more at CNBC
Latest Fun Stories
- Cartoon: The Jeweler Gets a Lucky Break
- Take the Perfect Proposal Selfie With This Engagement Ring Phone Case
- Gem Quiz: This Flamboyant Gem Was Named After a Founding Father of Brazilian Mineralogy
- There's Something Missing From Gene the Jeweler's Business ... Several Somethings, Actually
- Cartoon: A Surefire Way to Stop Losing Gemstones