Make the mall work for you.
Jim Cramer, host of CNBC’s Mad Money, says shopping malls aren’t dead — but there’s a harsh truth that retailers must face.
The fact is that “the mall's rent is too expensive for all but the most exclusive specialty retailers,” he says.
For mass-market stuff, people would rather order online, in many cases from Amazon.com.
That’s bad news for the big guys like Macy’s and Kohl’s. But it’s fine for you as long as you can position yourself as a high-end retailer.
CNBC notes that people still “won't dish $10,000 for a pair of earrings without seeing them in person.”
Apart from that, Cramer says, "Everyone is too cheap to shop at the mall.”
Read more at CNBC
Latest Fun Stories
- Here's What One Jeweler Wanted to Say When A Client Asked Why There Was A Charge for Appraisals
- You Won't Believe What This Associate Said to An Off-Duty Cop Shopping in His Store
- This Piece of Jewelry Grew 12X in Value — or So Gene the Jeweler Thinks
- Cartoon: The Jeweler Gets a New Look
- Gene the Jeweler Takes Lots of Vacations — One Each Day, in Fact
Aging Merchandise? What a Perfect Time for an Anniversary Sale!
How Wilkerson helped this iconic jeweler get its mojo back.