He'll start in July 2017.
(Press Release) Rio Tinto has appointed Patrick Boitumelo as president and CEO of Diavik Diamond Mines.
Boitumelo has extensive operational, stakeholder management and corporate strategy experience at a senior level across a number of businesses in the mining industry, including diamonds, soda ash and salts, nickel, iron ore, copper and copper by-products. Most recently he was general manager of engineering and projects at Kennecott Utah Copper in Salt Lake City, UT.
Nigel Steward, managing director, operations, for Rio Tinto Copper & Diamonds, said, “Patrick brings a wealth of experience to Diavik at an important time in its development, as we work towards safely bringing the A21 production on stream, alongside our existing underground mining operations.”
Boitumelo said, “I am delighted to lead Diavik Diamond Mines and I look forward to working with the team and our business partners to deliver superior value to all our stakeholders.”
Boitumelo will relocate to Yellowknife, Canada, and commence his appointment at the end of July 2017.
Latest Shine Headlines
- Montage Introduces Jewelry and Watch Care Plan Program
- Jewelry Exec Allegedly Went to Disturbing Lengths to Clean Up Google Results
- Fewer Jewelry Stores Closed in the First Quarter
- Independent Jewelers Continue to Be Bullish on Outlook for 2017
- GIA Is Rolling Out a Desktop Testing Device for Mounted Gems