It'll be a ring "that WE ALL can be proud of."
It's a nice sentiment: A guy in Atlanta wants to buy his intended a $15,000 engagement ring.
The thing is, he wants to buy it with other people's money.
Mashable reports that William Oliver, 30, is trying to crowdfund the jewelry purchase.
He writes on his GoFundMe page that his girlfriend, Alexandra, surprised him with 30 gifts for his 30th birthday.
"So I need a more innovative way to show my appreciation while incorporating friends and family," he explains.
He says this is a chance to get involved and show your love.
"All proceeds will go to the purchase of a beautiful engagement ring one that WE ALL can be proud of," he writes.
For all the publicity his campaign has gotten since it began on March 28, Oliver hasn't actually made it very far toward his goal. As of Thursday afternoon, he had raised $609.
Read more at Mashable
Latest Shine Headlines
- Montage Introduces Jewelry and Watch Care Plan Program
- Jewelry Exec Allegedly Went to Disturbing Lengths to Clean Up Google Results
- Fewer Jewelry Stores Closed in the First Quarter
- Independent Jewelers Continue to Be Bullish on Outlook for 2017
- GIA Is Rolling Out a Desktop Testing Device for Mounted Gems