The event runs Oct. 7-10.
(Press Release) RESTON, VA – On Oct. 7-10, 2017, gems and jewelry valuation professionals from around the world will gather in Houston for the ASA 2017 International Appraisers Conference. They will explore and discuss the foremost trends and issues related to the gems and jewelry appraisal profession.
Organized by the American Society of Appraisers (ASA), this year’s conference marks the 80th annual offering, making it one of the longest consecutive running multidiscipline appraisal conferences. Since the event began in 1937, it has grown to become the leading conference for valuation professionals.
Co-located this year with the ASA 2017 Advanced Business Valuation Conference, a specialized offering for business valuers, the joint event will feature a combined 600+ attendees, over 75 multidisciplinary educational sessions with presentations from recognized experts, valuable networking opportunities and exhibits from leading-edge companies, at the Hilton Americas in Houston, TX. Sessions include:
Sunday, Oct. 8
- Forevermark, Value Beyond the 4Cs - Sam Panasiuk
- David Webb: An American Classic Past and Present - Mark Emanuel
- The Extraordinary Diagnostics of UV LW/SW - Claire MItchell – Gem-A
- The Emergence of '60's & '70's Jewelry - Gina D'Onofrio, Heritage Auctions
Monday, Oct. 9
- Rolex/Vintage Sports Watches:a Chronological History - Adam Harris
- Classification of World's Opal - Damien Cody, Cody Opal
- Issues Affecting Appraisers and Synthetics - Tiffany Stevens, Pres. JVC
- The Organics of Coral - Eric Fritz Gem-A
Tuesday, Oct. 10
- The New Moving Target: Vetting Synthetics - David Skuza, DRC Techno
- Pricing and Rarity of Fancy Colored Diamonds - Oren Schneider,
- Fancy Color Research Foundation
To register or for more information visit http://www.appraisers.org/iac or call (800) 272-8258.
The ASA International Appraisers Conference is for appraisers who specialize in appraisal review and management, gems and jewelry, machinery and technical specialties, personal property or real property; assessors; allied professionals; educators; government personnel; or students.