Sterling silver pendant with 12-carat sunset quartz and white sapphires (0.53 TCW) by Frank Reubel, $725. frankreubeldesigns.com.
Frank Reubel (specifically their sunset quartz pieces). — Chris Wattsson, Wattsson & Wattsson Jewelers, Marquette, MI
Top-Selling Jewelry Brands in DecemberPandora (14), Frederic Duclos (8), Gabriel & Co. (8), Alex & Ani (7), Hearts on Fire (7), Gemsone (6), Lafonn (6), Southern Gates (5), Citizen (4), Officina Bernardi (4), Rolex (4), Stuller (4), Artistry (3), Berco (3), Chamilia (3), ELLE (3), Honora (3), Kit Heath (3), Ostbye (3), Royal Chain (3), Simply Diamonds (3), Vahan (3).
* Brands mentioned by more than two of 175 Brain Squad members when we asked what they would be reordering in January.
- Carla earrings were very popular. Diamond studs were amazingly hot. We made up 0.10 TCW pairs set in 14K gold and sold them for $99. It was a great way to get guys into the stud market. — Matt Doumato, Ephraim Doumato Jewelers, Greenville, RI
- Sethi Couture stacker bands, Hearts On Fire, Allison-Kaufman diamond bracelets. — Ray Lantz, The Diamond Center, Claremont, CA
- Diamond earrings, Shimmering Diamonds by Ostbye, morganite, Kit Heath, sterling silver in the $200-$400 price point. Will be reordering all of the above. — Andrew Russakoff, Russakoff Jewelers, Skowhegan, ME
- Stuller wedding bands and engagement mounts and vintage sterling jewelry. Especially popular were circa 1890s love tokens. — James Doggett, Doggett Jewelry, Kingston, NH
- Diamond stud earrings were all the rage! Designs by Gabriel & Co., Artistry, and Southern Gates by The Cargo Hold also sold well. — Jane Johnson, RM Johnson & Sons, Salem, VA
- Lovebright items from Ashi: cluster pendants, earrings, and rings in 0.35 TCW to 0.75 TCW. Pendants and bracelets by Vahan, colored stone jewelry by EMA and Empire. — Dorothy Vodicka, The Gem Collection, Tallahassee, FL
- Mostly custom. The rest was very low price point compared to previous years. — Elizabeth Breon, Coast Jewelers, Florence, OR
- Gemsone Twogether and Rhythm of Love designs both sold very well; however, best-selling categories were ladies color stone jewelry, rings, earrings and pendants. — Mark Clodius, Clodius & Co. Jewelers, Rockford, IL
- We made a bunch of custom pendants this year, especially dog tag styles, and Pure Grown lab-made diamonds continue to gain momentum. — Beth Cevasco, Scott’s Custom Jewelers, Fairlawn, OH
- Tom Kruskal’s handmade designs were our holiday winner, as well as the new kid in town, Les Georgettes fashion cuffs with the reversible leather inserts. — Mary Jo Chanski, Hannoush Jewelers, Rutland, VT
- Did great with eclectic sterling silver and bead bracelets, small hoop and huggie earrings, and sapphire earring/pendant “matchy match.” — Alan Goodheart, Goodheart’s Jewelry, Overland Park, KS
- Adjustable bracelets, inside/outside hoops, journey necklaces, two-tone rings. — Linda Niemi, CKarats, Clinton, MS