ELLE’s No. 1 selling item for 2017, rhodium-plated sterling silver necklace with Enchanted Green quartz from the Revolution Collection, $105, ellejewelry.com
ELLE has been hot — great designs and perfect price point for summer fun! — Allison Leitzel-Williams, Leitzel’s Jewelry, Myerstown, PA
Top-Selling Jewelry Brands in May
Lafonn (9), Berco (6), Citizen (6), Gabriel & Co. (6), Pandora (6), Stuller (5), Allison-Kaufman (4), Imperial Pearl (4), Cargo Hold (3), Gemsone (3), Hearts On Fire (3), Kit Heath (3), Michou (3), Royal Chain (3), Vahan (3), Alex and Ani (2), ArtCarved (2), Artistry (2), Breitling (2), Bulova (2), Carla (2), Charles Garnier (2), Classic of NY (2), Crown Ring (2), ELLE (2), Empire Corp. (2), IDD (2), Lashbrook (2), Naledi (2), Qalo (2), Quality Gold (2), RDI (2), Rolex (2), Slate & Tell (2), Unique Settings (2)
* Brands mentioned by at least two of 167 Brain Squad members when we asked what they would be reordering in June.
- Imperial Pearls and Gabriel & Co. bridal and fashion were fast movers for us this month! — LaTisha Holland, Arlene’s Fine Jewelry, Vidalia, GA
- Watches! Longines, Rolex and Seiko. Why in May? Your guess is as good as mine! — Dorothy Vodicka, The Gem Collection, Tallahassee, FL
- Mid-price lines like Firefly and Holly Yashi. We saw an uptick in our higher-end rings with colored gemstones. — Michael Halem, Halem & Co. de Sonoma, Sonoma, CA
- Charles Garnier has continued to be a hot seller. — Travis Piper, Piper Diamond Co., Vincennes, IN
- A new line, Evocateur, has been popular, as well as custom. — Brian McCall, Midwest Jewelers and Estate Buyers, Zionsville, IN
- Guardian angel pendants by Marianna have been a huge hit with all graduates and confirmations this month. Also, Blessing Bracelets by Made As Intended have flown out of our cases. — Karen Hollis, K. Hollis Jewelers, Batavia, IL
- Diamond hybrids are gaining popularity. And pear-shape diamonds are getting hotter. — Meg Rankin, Rankin Jewellers, Edmonds, WA
- Color by Empire Corp., Bassali and China Stone were the champions. Custom reworks with halos and upgraded centers from EM Trading and Olympian Diamonds, as well as repairs, rounded out a very healthy May! — Denise Oros, Linnea Jewelers, La Grange, IL
- We did great with a trunk show with Parlé and their lotus garnet collection at the end of May. We even kept some pieces to add to our stock collection. — Casey Gallant, Stephen Gallant Jewelers, Orleans, MA
- In-house and custom. Halo designs continue to rock; $2,000 to $5,000 is still the sweet spot. More movement toward alternative bridal gemstones. Sapphire is the most popular at the moment, in all colors. — David Phelps, Precision Platinum, Durham, NC
- May was all about Slate & Tell. We ordered several times, especially for Mother’s Day gifts. We also did repairs, repairs, and more repairs. — Erica Lorenz, Michael & Sons, Reno, NV
- Diamond and sapphire jewelry, custom design. Toby Pomeroy and Kelim sold well. — Vickie Wilson, The Goldsmith, Palo Alto, CA
- Michou continues to be our hottest line. We’ve ordered fast sellers plus new items, and our fast sellers list keeps growing each week! — Elysia Demers, Barnhardt Jewelers, Spencer, NC
- Nina Nguyen long necklaces, Pandora graduation, Citizen watches in the $300 range. — Karen Schmitt, Straith’s Jewelers, Centralia, IL
- Artistry always sells well and the Adwar castings line is really strong for us. Unique Settings is doing well, also. And Alicia Winalski designs, an artist I met at the Philadelphia Acre show, has great pieces and reasonable price points! — Gary Youngberg, Ames Silversmithing, Ames, IA
This article originally appeared in the July 2017 edition of INSTORE.
What's the Brain Squad?
If you're the owner or top manager of a U.S. jewelry store, you're invited to join the INSTORE Brain Squad. By taking one five-minute quiz a month, you can get a free t-shirt, be featured prominently in this magazine, and make your voice heard on key issues affecting the jewelry industry. Good deal, right? Sign up here.