19 Reasons Necklaces
Are Hotter Than Ever
From backbone-boosting amulets to clavicle-covering carpets of gems, a necklace is a piece with power.
STORY BY BECKY STONE
A necklace hangs front and center, proudly prominent, subject to the rhythm of every breath. A necklace is intimate, immediate. It drapes across the nape of the neck and down to the décolletage; it can be tucked in like a secret or flaunted with pride. A necklace is the closest piece of jewelry to the wearer’s beating heart.
Rahaminov Diamonds (ABOVE)
Platinum and 18K rose-gold necklace with a fancy brown-ish orangy pink diamond (2.02 TCW).
Price on request
(213) 622-9866, rahaminov.com
Like an amulet in a fairy tale, the right necklace can help its wearer focus the strength and energy required to take on the challenges of the daily grind. Necklaces are the easiest kind of jewelry to throw on: they require no piercings and they’re almost never the wrong size.
18K white gold necklace with Eternitymark diamond pendant (0.62 TCW).
(877) 772-6676, amoro.com
Diamond pavé pendant with gray diamond rondelle beads in 14K gold.
(212) 730-9523, danakellin.com
Ark Fine Jewelry
18K yellow gold pendant with diamonds.
(310) 889-8086, arkfinejewelry.com
14K gold necklace with white sapphire dangle.
(201) 458-4393, adriaticjewelry.com
Kristen Dorsey Designs
Black rhodium-plated sterling silver necklace with labradorite and diamonds.
(310) 489-3763, kristendorseydesigns.com
Serpent pendant necklace with ruby eye and emerald charm in oxidized sterling silver with gold.
(573) 590-0827, acanthusjewelry.com
Cargo mirror link tassel necklace in sterling silver.
(800) 845-6964, southerngatesjewelry.com
Taylor Wilkinson Designs
18K yellow gold vermeil over sterling silver with black pavé diamonds.
18K yellow gold necklace with amethyst and diamonds.
(212) 929-0184, marciabudet.com
Is there anything that elevates the mood from mundane to magnificent like the feeling of fastening a glittering expanse of gems around one’s neck? Instant transformation at the catch of a clasp. These necklaces are the ones for the nights to remember.
18K two-tone gold with tanzanite (3.15 TCW), topaz (20.80 TCW), sapphires (0.89 TCW), and diamonds (2.57 TCW).
(415) 989-9235, yaeldesigns.com
18K yellow gold necklace with opals (127.65 TCW) and diamonds (5.75 TCW).
(212) 354-7550, haridrany.com
Platinum necklace with demantoid garnets (78.67 TCW) and diamonds (3.05 TCW).
Price on request
(800) 541-26750, johnbuechner.com
Objects Organique antler necklace in 18K yellow gold.
(858) 259-8779, kbrunini.com
Choker in 14K rose gold with diamonds (0.50 TCW).
(718) 251-1614, gigiferrantijewelry.com
18K yellow gold necklace with pink and orange sapphires (8.30 TCW) and diamonds (0.04 TCW).
(212) 719-2067, laurenk.com
18K yellow gold necklace with tanzanite.
(213) 840-6050, amalijewelry.com
Necklace with black freshwater pearls on a 14K gold-filled chain.
(347) 596-4080, estynhulbert.com
Daria de Koning
18K yellow gold necklace with aquamarine, amazonite, quartz, tourmaline, and apatite.
(310) 873-3236, dariadekoning.com
This article originally appeared in the July 2017 edition of INSTORE.
Latest Products Stories
- The Top 3 Selling Brands of January and More Hot Sellers from Our Brain Squad
- 4 Jewels That Shine for the Gender-Bending Client
- An Agate-and-Silk Clutch, Custom Kleenex and More March Gear for Jewelry Pros
- 3 Jewels That Prove Purple Reigns on Runways and in Showcases
- Empowering Emeralds Stole the Show at The Golden Globes
Don't Gamble with Your Retirement
Let Wilkerson manage every detail of the most important sale of your life.