Forever stainless steel necklace featuring stainless steel ring and stainless steel rose gold PVD cable, $155, charriol.com
Charriol still stands out as a great summer accent. The steel cable wears great in the beach surf, sand and sun. A tan looks good with their fashion necklace and watches. — Scott Kelly, Jems Jewels & Gold, North Wales, PA
Top-Selling Jewelry Brands in June
Pandora (7), Gabriel & Co. (6), Hearts on Fire (6), Lafonn (6), Allison-Kaufman (5), Imperial Pearl (4), Lashbrook (4), Stuller (4), Cargo Hold (3), Carla (3), ELLE (3), Rolex (3), Royal Chain (3), Vahan (3), Frank Reubel (2), Keith Jack (2), Kit Heath (2), Quality Gold (2), Simon G (2), Slate & Tell (2), Sylvie Collection (2), Tag Heuer (2), Tom Kruskal (2), Yael Designs (2)
* Brands mentioned by at least two of 177 Brain Squad members when we asked what they would be reordering in July.
- Still halo engagement rings … Le Vian still being shown every day and suggested … Pandora is still trending downward a bit. — Jim Woodard, Woodard’s Diamonds & Design, Tullahoma, TN
- We have noticed an increase in customers wanting to customize engagement settings. Whether it be with a unique colored stone or a fun angle setting, they seem to be wanting a more hands-on approach when purchasing engagement rings lately. — Morgan Bartel, Susann’s Custom Jewelers, Corpus Christi, TX
- Imperial Pearl has been really strong for us, and Lafonn has picked up as well. — LaTisha Holland, Arlene’s Fine Jewelry, Vidalia, GA
- We continue to do well with Gabriel & Co. bridal and then our own private collection of diamond fashion and estate jewelry. — Alisha Moore, Toner Jewelers, Overland Park, KS
- We had a big engagement ring and wedding band month. We use Facets USA and REKO (both of Boston) to facilitate most of those mountings and bands. We had a few custom jobs and were able to use CounterSketch by Stuller to make those happen. — Mark Snyder, Snyder Jewelers, Weymouth, MA
- We brought on about 10 new lines by Canadian designers and all sold well, especially the Keith Jack line. — David Lindsay, Purdy’s Jewellery & Gems, Bobcaygeon, Ontario, Canada
- Dilamani pendants, Sylvie Collection engagement rings, and Nancy B by Carla fashion! — Allison Leitzel-Williams, Leitzel’s Jewelry, Myerstown, PA
- Intuitions bracelets by Royal Chain, especially the new ones in the beige quilted boxes. — Cathy Grad, Caffray Jewelers, Hinsdale, IL
- Two-stone jewelry from Gemsone. — Jodi Winters, J.L. Winters Jewelers, Muncy, PA
- Our sales were very sporadic. Engagement rings from Henri Daussi and Louis Glick to wedding bands to several designer brands like Marco Bicego, Yossi Harari, Konstantino and more. We also had lots of repairs, appraisals and watch services. — Marc Majors, Sam L Majors, Midland, TX
- Facet of Barcelona was a big hit this month. Their classic diamond line has been well-received. — Theresa Namie, Stephen Vincent Design, Minneapolis, MN
- With a lot of upcoming weddings, we sold a lot of Lashbrook bands and Allison-Kaufman wedding bands. Also, Slate & Tell continued to sell well for us. — Erica Lorenz, Michael & Sons, Reno, NV
- Michou and Kovel Collection nautical pieces are huge hits this time of year. Classic of NY has great pieces in a lower price range to meet the needs of our customers looking for an inexpensive item. — Whitney Lang, Burkes Fine Jewelers, Kilmarnock, VA
This article originally appeared in the August 2017 edition of INSTORE.
What's the Brain Squad?
If you're the owner or top manager of a U.S. jewelry store, you're invited to join the INSTORE Brain Squad. By taking one five-minute quiz a month, you can get a free t-shirt, be featured prominently in this magazine, and make your voice heard on key issues affecting the jewelry industry. Good deal, right? Sign up here.
Latest Products Stories
Something Big Is Missing From Gene the Jeweler's Business
Several somethings, actually. And as in many other cases, the issue is not so much about what the fictional jeweler is doing. It's what he's not doing.