Gucci Spring/Summer 2018 runway. Runway photo courtesy of Rex/Shutterstock
Ultra Violet, Pantone’s Color of The Year for 2018, a color associated with the counter-culture of the ‘60s and pop culture of the ‘80s, evokes originality, artistry and symbolism. Spiritually, it is a color connected to the third eye chakra, representing intuition and wisdom. In the jewelry world, amethyst and shades of purple sapphires are perfect to express designers’ awareness of the cultural associations relevant today as well as their own ingenuity and creativity. Let purple reign!
18K yellow gold Ethel ball ring with amethyst and solid enamel band.
Gem-quality amethysts from Uruguay (15.17 TCW) in 18K gold beaded basket settings with diamond accents.
18K gold ring with amethyst and fancy-colored sapphires.
K8 Jewelry Concepts Bijoux
14K rose gold purple enameled Precious Time pendant with spinel, lavender and pink sapphires.
This article originally appeared in the March 2018 edition of INSTORE.
Latest Products Stories
- The 4,000-Year-Old Story of the Jewelry Clasp Told, and More March Service News
- The Top 3 Selling Brands of January and More Hot Sellers from Our Brain Squad
- 4 Jewels That Shine for the Gender-Bending Client
- An Agate-and-Silk Clutch, Custom Kleenex and More March Gear for Jewelry Pros
- 3 Jewels That Prove Purple Reigns on Runways and in Showcases
Don't Gamble with Your Retirement
Let Wilkerson manage every detail of the most important sale of your life.