Motor sports, racing stripes and the sleek lines of the art deco movement provide inspiration for the graphic mixed-media effect of ready-to-wear on the spring 2017 runways as well as in the design studios of emerging and established jewelry talents. Stones cut into geometric shapes and mixed metals and enameling result in styles that focus on striped or color-blocked patterns. Whether linear or squared off, these looks are current with an edgy modernity.
Above: Sonia Rykiel spring 2017 runway. COURTESY OF REX/SHUTTERSHOCK
18K gold Pyramid diamond halo ring with carved agate center.
Ezzat Chrysler earrings in 18K blackened white gold with black onyx and white diamonds.
Stella Explosion ring of rubies, pink opal, white agate, white diamonds and hematite.
This article originally appeared in the March 2017 edition of INSTORE.
Latest Products Stories
- 19 Perfect Styles for the Year of the Ear
- Brain Squad Members Share Their Hottest Sellers for March
- Michelle Fantaci Releases First Bridal Collection and More Releases for May
- 4 Perfect Picks for the Woman Who Has It All and Isn't Afraid to Show It Off
- Coralie Charriol Paul Carries on a Classic Design Tradition