GN Diamond’s earring stud program makes it an easy choice for our clients who want something timeless that goes with everything. Their display makes it easy to compare and choose, and their turnaround for getting us replacements back in stock is swift. We recently had a client purchase three of the same pair for her and her two daughters’ second ear piercings. — Jessica Rossomme, Mucklow’s Fine Jewelry, Peachtree City, GA
Top-selling jewelry brands in August
Gabriel & Co. (5), Rolex (5), Pandora (4), Stuller (4), Allison-Kaufman (3), ASHI (3), Sylvie Collection (3), Ania Haie (2), Citizen (2), CrownRing (2), Hearts On Fire (2), Lafonn (2), Maple Leaf Diamonds (2), Ostbye (2), Rembrandt Charms (2), Simon G (2), TAG Heuer (2)
*Brands mentioned by at least two of 133 Brain Squad respondents.
- Beverley K stack bands: They’re hot for stacking self-purchases and for wedding bands, colored stone engagement rings and alternative brides. — Elizabeth Saba, Presley & Co. Fine Jewelers, San Diego, CA
- Gabriel & Co. bridal rings. People are still getting engaged. — Alta Fernandes, Vail Creek Jewelry Designs, Turlock, CA
- Engagement rings! I think everyone who has been together during this time has figured out if it is going to work or not. — Robin Lies, Burnell’s Creative Gold, Wichita, KS
Sylvie Collection bridal is doing very well! Silver from Artistry, Ltd. is also a good seller. But we are still strongest in custom design and repairs. — Doreen Vashlishan, Werkheiser Jewelers, Bethlehem, PA
- David Yurman, Roberto Coin, Rolex of course, and TAG Heuer had a good month. — Ronnie Ware, Ware Jewelers, Auburn, AL
- Custom wedding ring restyling was big, as well as lab-grown diamond custom engagement and wedding rings. — Beth Cevasco, Scott’s Custom Jewelers, Fairlawn, OH
- We are selling Ania Haie, Michou, and T. Jazelle bracelets since they are very reasonably priced. — Shannon Akridge, Clater Jewelers Diamond Center, Louisville, KY
- Custom design, lab diamonds, diamond studs, engagement rings. Why? People have nothing else to spend on … no vacations and minimal social spending. — Chad Elliott Coogan, Gems Of La Costa, Carlsbad, CA
- Silver is a big seller for us. Rembrandt Charms are a great seller. — Tommy Thobe, The Village Gem, Perry Hall, MD
- Allison-Kaufman: The rep came to visit and we did appointments. Pandora: new release, great price points. Kendra Scott: new release, great price points. Bridal: not sure, just happy. — Valerie Goodwin, Vaughan’s Jewelry, Edenton, NC
- August was all about bridal purchases. Our top seller was Simon G. They have such an extensive, beautiful collection of both women’s and men’s bands and engagement rings. We also sold quite a few women’s stacking/wedding bands from Sethi Couture. Our customers love them! — Melissa Quick, Steve Quick Jeweler, Chicago, IL
- A lot of custom bridal from Stuller and their Ever & Ever brand, both in the showcase and through CounterSketch. Nicole Barr. Their pieces are really unique, and the pretty plique-à-jour styles are perfect for summer. — Becky Bettencourt, Blue River Diamonds, Peabody, MA
- Kit Heath is our consistent best seller. Quality, value, style, selection, price point. It’s hard to say no to. 18K rose and yellow gold-plated jewelry is a phenomenal value right now. — Annette Evans, RD Allen Freeport Jewelers, Freeport, ME
What’s the Brain Squad?
If you’re the owner or top manager of a U.S. eyecare business serving the public, you’re invited to join the INVISION Brain Squad. By taking one five-minute quiz a month, you can get a free t-shirt, be featured prominently in this magazine, and make your voice heard on key issues affecting eyecare professionals. Good deal, right? Sign up here.