Citizen watches were a top seller! We sold out of watches a few times. — Naomi Vargas, Mehaffey’s Jewelry, Haines City, FL
Top-selling jewelry brands in December
Gems One (6), Gabriel & Co. (5), Allison-Kaufman (4), ASHI (4), Berco (4), Hearts On Fire (4), Pandora (4), Citizen (3), IDD (3), Empire Corporation (2), GN Diamond (2), Heera Moti (2), Lafonn (2), Nicole Barr (2), Roberto Coin (2), Samuel B. (2)
*Brands mentioned by at least two of 152 Brain Squad respondents.
- The Gems One flyer was a hit at our store. We sold all their flyer merchandise and replaced the fast sellers! — Stephenie Bjorkman, Sami Fine Jewelry, Fountain Hills, AZ
- Heera Moti, ASHI, and IDD jewelry all performed really well, especially in diamond jewelry categories of all kinds. — Kyle Bullock, Bullock’s Jewelry, Roswell, NM
- Everything sold — old, new, didn’t make a difference what it was. Crazy year, and I have been doing this a long time. — Todd Broadbent, Clarkson Jewelers, Ballwin, MO
- There is a diamond hoop earring from Simon G. that we couldn’t restock fast enough. After back-to-back-to-back frantic calls for more, my sales rep all but told me she will not order me one pair at a time anymore … hahaha! — Melissa Quick, Steve Quick Jeweler, Chicago, IL
- It was colored gems, diamond jewelry was up, customers embracing yellow gold, and interestingly we did not sell as much at the lower end. Small silver purchases have been down since last year. — Nancy & Pierre Plante, Plante Jewelers, Swansea, MA
- Everything we got from D’Amico Manufacturing Co. flew out of here! They had great designs that really spoke to our customers! — Christine Graichen, Malloves Jewelers, Middletown, CT
- We did awesome with our Berco flyer, fashion from Pandora did well, and VEER diamond classics couldn’t stay in stock! — Trevor Williams, Leitzel’s Jewelry, Myerstown, PA
- Julie Vos was a great holiday seller for us! The price point is between $100-$400 and it’s an easy gift to give. The jewelry is bold yet practical in many ways … like hoop earrings and bangle bracelets. Julie Vos also provides beautiful packaging, which helps to seal the deal! — Daniela Balzano, Water Street Jewelers, Guilford, CT
- FOPE was one of our best-selling products in December. People really gravitated towards the stretch bracelets and rings because of the versatility and ease of wearing them. Price points are nice too, ranging from around $3K up to $12K. — Marc Majors, Sam L. Majors, Midland, TX
- We sold a lot of cluster diamond pendants and studs from Gold-N-Diamonds and ASHI. They are a great price point and a really big look. We also started making lab-grown diamond studs available, and our first pair sold right away. — Becky Bettencourt, Blue River Diamonds, Peabody, MA
- Custom was huge. Suppliers, Allison-Kaufman, Samuel B. We have been trending to selling more higher-priced items, and Allison-Kaufman has fit that niche for us. — Holly McHone, Holly McHone Jewelers, Astoria, OR
- Anything in paperclip. We can’t keep the stuff in stock, no matter how much we order. — Michael Kanoff, Michael’s Jewelers, Yardley, PA
- High-end colored stone jewelry. Emerald, sapphire and ruby. The Signet stores don’t carry much natural color, and my clients are intrigued when we talk about it. You can’t comparison shop it online, and the margins are great! — Rick Sanders, Sanders Jewelers, Gainesville, FL
What’s the Brain Squad?
If you’re the owner or top manager of a U.S. jewelry store, you’re invited to join the INSTORE Brain Squad. By taking one five-minute quiz a month, you can get a free t-shirt, be featured prominently in this magazine, and make your voice heard on key issues affecting the jewelry industry. Good deal, right? Sign up here.