While some items come and go as far as what’s “in,” one company’s products seem to always be steady and sell … that is from Stuller. — Alex Weil, Martin’s Jewelry, Torrance, CA
Top-selling Brands in July
Stuller (6), Rolex (5), Gabriel & Co. (3), Hearts On Fire (3), Les Georgettes (3), Benchmark (2), Breitling (2), ELLE (2), Fana (2), Forevermark (2), Lafonn (2), Olympian Diamonds (2), Ostbye (2), Quality Gold (2)
* Brands mentioned by at least two of 134 Brain Squad members when asked what they would be reordering in August.
- Wedding bands, wedding bands and more wedding bands! We even had a groom arrive at our store an HOUR before he was getting married. “I need to get a wedding band.” Mind you, he was with his best man, in his tux, boutonniere and all. “When are you getting married??” He laughed and said, “In an hour at Elfin Lake.” Elfin Lake is 30 minutes away. But we did it! — Mary Jo Chanski, Hannoush Jewelers, Rutland, VT
- Custom diamond rings are still this jeweler’s best friend 🙂 — Laura Sipe, JC Sipe, Indianapolis, IN
- Loose diamonds, especially big diamonds this month (2-carat plus). Custom and Fana Bridal were the preferred mountings. Luvente fashion remains a best-seller. — Thomas Licciardi, Jacqueline’s Fine Jewelry, Morgantown, WV
- We recently launched a line of bullet jewelry featuring precious gemstones. What started as a small line at our store has now expanded into its own entity of sorts being sold in four states! — Morgan Bartel, Susann’s Custom Jewelers, Corpus Christi, TX
- Stuller still supplies the important bits for my custom work. Pearls remain popular, while chunky sterling has shown a resurgence. — James Doggett, Doggett Jewelry, Kingston, NH
- Alexis Bittar and Kendra Scott have been so fun to play with our customers and show them how to stack and create their own look. — Karen Hollis, K. Hollis Jewelers, Batavia, IL
All things diamond. The usual engagement and bridal but also diamond stackables, studs, tennis bracelets and pendants. — Chad Elliott Coogan, Gems Of La Costa, Carlsbad, CA
- White gold diamond hoops in all carat weights, colored stone rings in the $1,000-1,500 range, as well as in the under $500 range. It was a big month for women’s self-purchases. — Dorothy Vodicka, The Gem Collection, Tallahassee, FL
- Rolex continues to be strong, along with Tag Heuer. We also had a good month with Ippolita and Gabriel & Co. — Tonia Ulsh, Mountz Jewelers, Camp Hill, PA
Necklaces and bracelets from German designer Bernd Wolf were very popular. Estate, custom and repairs were the majority of our business this month. — Doreen Vashlishan, Werkheiser Jewelers, Bethlehem, PA
- Custom bridal designs using lab-grown diamonds were huge. And engraved solitaires are making a big comeback. — Beth Cevasco, Scott’s Custom Jewelers, Fairlawn, OH
- Our custom jewelry has exploded! We are redesigning while also creating new and unique rings and pendants! — Annette Kinzie, Leonard Jewelry, Stillwater, OK
- Our own “Michi” line designed in house by Diane Berube-Catanzaro. More incredibly cool pieces are being designed right now by Diane for our fall season. — Joe Caron, Caron’s Jewelry, Bristol, RI
- Omega and Breitling watches were moving pretty good and we actually had a nice month in bridal. We also sold some nice designer pieces as well. — Marc Majors, Sam L. Majors, Midland, TX
- We are still re-ordering sterling jewelry that we picked up in Tucson last February. Silver does very well for us, including Rembrandt Charms. — Tommy Thobe, The Village Gem, Perry Hall, MD
- We sold nothing out of our showcases! It was all custom and BIG repairs. I guess that means we are ordering more solder and stock! — Jennifer Farnes, Revolution Jewelry Works, Colorado Springs, CO
- Ostbye silver Diamond Diva rings and Ostbye Shimmering Diamonds necklaces; Stuller Ever & Ever engagement rings and remounts with Stuller Studio and CounterSketch. — Jill Keith, Enchanted Jewelry, Danielson, CT
What’s the Brain Squad?
If you’re the owner or top manager of a U.S. jewelry store, you’re invited to join the INSTORE Brain Squad. By taking one five-minute quiz a month, you can get a free t-shirt, be featured prominently in this magazine, and make your voice heard on key issues affecting the jewelry industry. Good deal, right? Sign up here.