Gene the Jeweler learned the hard way.
When we last met Gene the Jeweler, we learned that he doesn't really train his staff.
We now bring you the next installment of the Gene series, which was created by industry consultant Jimmy DeGroot. (The series is kind of like a jewelry version of The Office.)
SEE MORE GENE THE JEWELER VIDEOS
In the video below, the consequences of Gene's non-existent training policy start to become clear. He explains that his people don't get along very well — in fact, they fight.
One staff member in particular — Margie — is problematic. She's great with customers and makes lots of sales, but when it comes to the rest of Gene's employees, Margie is a no-go.
Take a look:
JIMMY DEGROOT is a jewelry store manager who has been in the business for over 20 years. Now he spends his time training teams around the world at jewelrystoretraining.com and sharing marketing advice through his blog site at jewelrymarketingguy.com
Latest Fun Stories
- Video: Gene the Jeweler Explains His Moonstone Strategy
- Here's What All Jewelers Wish They Could Say to Ring Lickers
- Just When You Thought You'd Heard Everything, These Customers Came Along
- Video: Yes, I Replaced Your Watch Battery. No, I Don't Owe You $1,200 for Unrelated Repairs ...
- Reno Retailer Erica Tague Talks Dream Destination, Biggest Challenge and the Worst Thing About Working with Family
JEWELER SUCCESS STORIES
“Halfway Through the Sale, We Already Did a Year’s Worth of Volume”
Torin Bales says he was “blown away” by Wilkerson’s results after the company ran his retirement sale. “When you hire a consultant, you have to let them take control,” says the Texas retailer. After all, if you’re like most jewelers, you only retire once. Get the maximum return on your life’s investment. Turn to Wilkerson & Associates and let your new life begin!