Check out this educational video.
When you're in jewelry sales, it's your job to be friendly.
But there's such a thing as overdoing it.
Stephenie Bjorkman of Sami Fine Jewelry in Fountain Hills, AZ, one of our past Cool Store winners, shared the following video with us. They made it in their store to illustrate how laying it on too thick can kill a sale — it’s funny but also educational.
In the scene they act out, the sales staff are laser-focused on offering the "customer" water, introducing him to the store mascots and making small talk — but not on actually closing the sale.
Take a look:
Latest Fun Stories
- Dianna Rae Hits High Points with Diamond Sales
- Video: Gene the Jeweler Shows Off a Lab-Created Diamond, and It's Rather Disturbing
- Video: He Asked for a Rolex Repair ... And I Questioned My Faith in Humanity
- Cartoon: Is the Jeweler a Superhero, or Does It Just Seem That Way Sometimes?
- 10 Ways to Handle Jewelry-Repair Customers Who Don't Trust You
JEWELER SUCCESS STORIES
Wilkerson Steps in When It’s Time to Step Back
Jim Russell of Stein Jewelry in Madison, Mississippi, says Wilkerson seamlessly handled the sale that let him and his wife “do the things that we have always wanted to do.” Trust Wilkerson to handle your end of business sale—they’ll be there every step of the way.