Gene the Jeweler describes his best salesperson.
Margie has worked for Gene the Jeweler's store forever — or at least since the '60s.
She worked for Gene's parents when they owned the business. In fact she was their first hire.
And today, she's the store's best salesperson, despite some problems with personal hygiene and choice of attire. And the fact that she doesn't get along with other staff members at all.
Gene, the star of the parody series by marketing specialist Jimmy DeGroot, describes Margie as "quirky." A better word might be toxic.
SEE MORE GENE THE JEWELER VIDEOS
Once again, the problems in Gene's fictional jewelry store reflect poorly on his management practices. Since Margie presumably generate much of the store's revenue, you have to wonder what will happen when she inevitably decides to retire — especially since Gene doesn't train his staff.
Watch the video:
Latest Fun Stories
- Dianna Rae Hits High Points with Diamond Sales
- Video: Gene the Jeweler Shows Off a Lab-Created Diamond, and It's Rather Disturbing
- Video: He Asked for a Rolex Repair ... And I Questioned My Faith in Humanity
- Cartoon: Is the Jeweler a Superhero, or Does It Just Seem That Way Sometimes?
- 10 Ways to Handle Jewelry-Repair Customers Who Don't Trust You
JEWELER SUCCESS STORIES
Wilkerson Steps in When It’s Time to Step Back
Jim Russell of Stein Jewelry in Madison, Mississippi, says Wilkerson seamlessly handled the sale that let him and his wife “do the things that we have always wanted to do.” Trust Wilkerson to handle your end of business sale—they’ll be there every step of the way.