Long before there was tomkat, brangelina or kimye, there was us, “ugrandite” — uvaroite, grossular and me. My two usually green garnet brothers tend to take a back seat when it comes to the spotlight because I am the flamboyant one with the more varied trade portfolio and dramatic range (dark and moody, I’m melanite; light and sunny and I’m topazolite; and then at my most brilliant, I am DEMANTOID). I was named after one of the founding fathers of Brazilian mineralogy.
Who am I?
Guess this gem for a chance to win a “Jewelry Geek” T-shirt. Be sure to include your full name and the name and address of your store. The contest winner will be selected from among correct answers to this question.
Latest Fun Stories
- This Designing Jeweler Shares Her Secrets for a Life Well-Lived
- What You Really Wish You Could Have Said to the Client Who Wanted to Pay with EBT Cards
- Most Clients are Happy to See 50 Percent Off, But This Client's Reaction Will Floor You
- Cartoon: Never Underestimate the Strength of a Jeweler
- Video: How Gene the Jeweler Buys Watches
JEWELER SUCCESS STORIES
Ending on a High Note
A sense of relief, like you would not believe.” That’s how Dan Decker of Decker Diamond Jewelers in Ebensburg, Pennsylvania describes his Wilkerson experience. Closing shop when business was good ensured success—but so did the experienced Wilkerson professionals who orchestrated every detail of Decker Diamond’s last sale. Don’t wait until your momentum slows. Reach out to Wilkerson today!