This guy just doesn't get it.
They say you can't judge a book by its cover. But Gene the Jeweler tries to do it anyway.
In the video below, the fictional Gene Kadlin explains that "profiling" is a key part of his store's sales program. (As you may recall, he pretty much always uses the least effective approach possible for every area of his business.)
SEE MORE GENE THE JEWELER VIDEOS
He explains: "That's how we know what people can afford, what they're looking for ... it's a better way for us to help them."
What type of profiling does he do? He starts by looking closely at the clothes they're wearing, and moves on to some questions about any criminal history they may have.
Don't try this at home, folks. (Or at work. Or anywhere.)
Watch the video:
Latest Fun Stories
- Video: Gene the Jeweler Hired His Nephew ... And at Least Insurance Covered the Damage
- Cartoon: Now That's Customer Service ...
- Video: Sometimes You Have to Fire a Customer ... And Here's a Great Example
- Video: Gene the Jeweler Explains His Moonstone Strategy
- Here's What All Jewelers Wish They Could Say to Ring Lickers
JEWELER SUCCESS STORIES
“Halfway Through the Sale, We Already Did a Year’s Worth of Volume”
Torin Bales says he was “blown away” by Wilkerson’s results after the company ran his retirement sale. “When you hire a consultant, you have to let them take control,” says the Texas retailer. After all, if you’re like most jewelers, you only retire once. Get the maximum return on your life’s investment. Turn to Wilkerson & Associates and let your new life begin!