Jewelers and consultants often say you shouldn't keep inventory around longer than a year. If it isn't selling, it's time to clear it out and make space for something else.
But Gene the Jeweler, a fictional character created by marketing specialist Jimmy DeGroot, doesn't see it that way. "The older the better" is his motto.
SEE MORE GENE THE JEWELER VIDEOS
If a piece has been around for 12 years, it's 12 times as valuable, in his view.
Gene, as it turns out, has a habit of getting emotionally attached to his products.
Watch the video:
JIMMY DEGROOT is a jewelry store manager who has been in the business for over 20 years. Now he spends his time training teams around the world at jewelrystoretraining.com and sharing marketing advice through his blog site at jewelrymarketingguy.com.
Latest Fun Stories
- What This Jeweler Wished He Could Have Said to the Rude Client Who Had His Ring Cut Off
- A Jeweler Met This Verbal Threat with Police
- Adair Bridal Center Allows for One-Stop Shopping
- What You Wish You Could Have Said to That Cheapskate Husband
- Video: A Know-It-All Friend Makes a 'Challenging' Trade-In Deal Even Less Fun
Why Diamond Labs Love Pure Grown Diamonds
NY-based GCAL’s Don Palmieri discusses the technical aspects of Pure Grown Diamonds and how stores are putting the profit back into their diamond business.