In this episode of the satirical Gene the Jeweler series, Gene tells a brief story about a watch he bought.
He says it's a Rolex, and he picked it up over-the-counter for $2,000. He's hoping to turn a big profit.
SEE MORE GENE THE JEWELER VIDEOS
The seller said it doesn't work. Gene opens the watch — but only after he's already bought the watch and the seller has left.
He finds that it only needs a new battery. He also finds the words "Made in China."
You know, Gene, something tells us that's not a real Rolex. And a new battery is not going to help its value!
Watch the video:
JIMMY DEGROOT is a jewelry store manager who has been in the business for over 20 years. Now he spends his time training teams around the world at jewelrystoretraining.com and sharing marketing advice through his blog site at jewelrymarketingguy.com. Sign up for training videos here.
Latest Fun Stories
- Video: Gene the Jeweler Explains His Moonstone Strategy
- Here's What All Jewelers Wish They Could Say to Ring Lickers
- Just When You Thought You'd Heard Everything, These Customers Came Along
- Video: Yes, I Replaced Your Watch Battery. No, I Don't Owe You $1,200 for Unrelated Repairs ...
- Reno Retailer Erica Tague Talks Dream Destination, Biggest Challenge and the Worst Thing About Working with Family
JEWELER SUCCESS STORIES
“Halfway Through the Sale, We Already Did a Year’s Worth of Volume”
Torin Bales says he was “blown away” by Wilkerson’s results after the company ran his retirement sale. “When you hire a consultant, you have to let them take control,” says the Texas retailer. After all, if you’re like most jewelers, you only retire once. Get the maximum return on your life’s investment. Turn to Wilkerson & Associates and let your new life begin!