In this episode of the satirical Gene the Jeweler series, Gene tells a brief story about a watch he bought.
He says it's a Rolex, and he picked it up over-the-counter for $2,000. He's hoping to turn a big profit.
SEE MORE GENE THE JEWELER VIDEOS
The seller said it doesn't work. Gene opens the watch — but only after he's already bought the watch and the seller has left.
He finds that it only needs a new battery. He also finds the words "Made in China."
You know, Gene, something tells us that's not a real Rolex. And a new battery is not going to help its value!
Watch the video:
JIMMY DEGROOT is a jewelry store manager who has been in the business for over 20 years. Now he spends his time training teams around the world at jewelrystoretraining.com and sharing marketing advice through his blog site at jewelrymarketingguy.com. Sign up for training videos here.
Latest Fun Stories
- What This Jeweler Wished He Could Have Said to the Rude Client Who Had His Ring Cut Off
- A Jeweler Met This Verbal Threat with Police
- Adair Bridal Center Allows for One-Stop Shopping
- What You Wish You Could Have Said to That Cheapskate Husband
- Video: A Know-It-All Friend Makes a 'Challenging' Trade-In Deal Even Less Fun
Why Diamond Labs Love Pure Grown Diamonds
NY-based GCAL’s Don Palmieri discusses the technical aspects of Pure Grown Diamonds and how stores are putting the profit back into their diamond business.