In this episode of the satirical Gene the Jeweler series, Gene talks about the time he hired his nephew Jason as a goldsmith.
Hiring a relative doesn't always have to be a bad thing, but in this case, it didn't work out so well.
SEE MORE GENE THE JEWELER VIDEOS
You see, Jason had no experience at all. And there were other problems.
At least the insurance company paid for the damage.
Watch the video:
JIMMY DEGROOT is a jewelry store manager who has been in the business for over 20 years. Now he spends his time training teams around the world at jewelrystoretraining.com and sharing marketing advice through his blog site at jewelrymarketingguy.com. Sign up for training videos here.
Latest Fun Stories
- Video: A Know-It-All Friend Makes a 'Challenging' Trade-In Deal Even Less Fun
- Cartoon: The Jeweler Steels Himself for a Very Dirty Job
- Florida Jeweler Lindy Kavanaugh Reveals What’s on Her Desk
- Video: Gene the Jeweler Hired His Nephew ... And at Least Insurance Covered the Damage
- Cartoon: Now That's Customer Service ...
JEWELER SUCCESS STORIES
Wilkerson Steps in When It’s Time to Step Back
Jim Russell of Stein Jewelry in Madison, Mississippi, says Wilkerson seamlessly handled the sale that let him and his wife “do the things that we have always wanted to do.” Trust Wilkerson to handle your end of business sale—they’ll be there every step of the way.