In this episode of the satirical Gene the Jeweler series, Gene talks about the time he hired his nephew Jason as a goldsmith.
Hiring a relative doesn't always have to be a bad thing, but in this case, it didn't work out so well.
SEE MORE GENE THE JEWELER VIDEOS
You see, Jason had no experience at all. And there were other problems.
At least the insurance company paid for the damage.
Watch the video:
JIMMY DEGROOT is a jewelry store manager who has been in the business for over 20 years. Now he spends his time training teams around the world at jewelrystoretraining.com and sharing marketing advice through his blog site at jewelrymarketingguy.com. Sign up for training videos here.
Latest Fun Stories
- What This Jeweler Wished He Could Have Said to the Rude Client Who Had His Ring Cut Off
- Adair Bridal Center Allows for One-Stop Shopping
- What You Wish You Could Have Said to That Cheapskate Husband
- Video: A Know-It-All Friend Makes a 'Challenging' Trade-In Deal Even Less Fun
- Cartoon: The Jeweler Steels Himself for a Very Dirty Job
How to Put the Profit Back in Your Diamond Business
Green Bay, Wisconsin retailer Brian Rouse, owner of Bay Area Diamond Company, explains how the superior quality of Pure Grown Diamonds expanded his business and increased his profits.