“Oh, I did just fine in school, but I skipped the a**hole language class so maybe that’s why I didn’t understand you!”
To the customer who came in to pick up a repair. We had to cut off his wedding band because he had put weight on over the years but had never taken his ring off. When he was picking it up, we took his information down. When I asked him if his street was spelled one word or two, he said to me, “You didn’t do very well in school did you?” I just shrugged it off but was thinking ...
This article originally appeared in the September 2018 edition of INSTORE.
Latest Fun Stories
- What One Jeweler Wished He Could Have Said to The Person Who Complained About the Repair on a Rusted Cartier
- These Three Customers Were Missing Something Big: Scruples
- This Amateur Photographer, Craft Beer Enthusiast and Passionate Cook Is Also a Jeweler
- Video: An Old Customer Comes In ... And Gene the Jeweler Goes Into Hiding
- Video: I Delivered Jewelry to a Hotel ... And Made an Awkward Discovery
How to Put the Profit Back in Your Diamond Business
Green Bay, Wisconsin retailer Brian Rouse, owner of Bay Area Diamond Company, explains how the superior quality of Pure Grown Diamonds expanded his business and increased his profits.