Boutique Manager Position Available- The Jewelbox, Ithaca, NY
Jewelry has its own language and can often say what is difficult to put into words….
Do you pride yourself in delivering blue ribbon service, and helping others celebrate the special moments of life?
Do you thrive in an environment where you can inspire and support your team members' ability to work towards a common goal?
With expertise in metalsmithing and gemstones, an unwavering sophisticated eye for fashion and style, we offer design services and custom jewelry unrivaled in the Finger Lakes region. Our studio is one of the most complete and technologically advanced. Staffed with talented bench jewelers and CAD designers.
The Jewelbox prides itself in providing an unrivaled customer experience. Our owner, founder and chief designer, Micky Roof, has long-standing relationships with top designers and craftspeople from a variety of exotic locations. We regularly buy gemstones directly from the cutters and create a wide variety of bespoke jewelry in our own studio, and are famous for our semi-annual gem roundtables where we introduce our clients to interesting, unusual and special gems from around the world.
We are currently seeking a full time Boutique Manager to continue the success of The Jewelbox. Our ideal candidates are polished, well educated professionals with expertise in luxury goods and creating memorable experiences for a sophisticated clientele. Creativity and artistic flair is critical to the success of this position. Our ideal new team members would have an excellent track record of luxury sales, client development skills, marketing knowledge, and leading teams of dynamic individuals. You must be a charismatic leader that people want to rally behind. You will work directly with the owner, your team and our cherished clients.
We are searching for a manager that is ready for a long term career with a well established, interesting, relevant jewelry business.
Responsibilities of this role include:
- Communicate clearly and precisely to team members to ensure that all coworkers understand store mission and profit objectives
- Formulate pricing policies, determining promotions, authorizing clearance sales.
- Report on buying trends, customer needs, profits.
- Complete store administration and ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
- Complete store operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees.
- Maintain store staff by recruiting, selection, orienting and training employees.
- Maintain team excellence by coaching, planning, monitoring and appraising job results.
- Ensure high level of customer satisfaction through excellent service.Maintain outstanding store condition and visual merchandising standards.
- Conduct performance appraisals to assess training needs and build career paths.
- Deal with all issues that arise from staff or customers (complaints, grievances, etc.)
- Ensure availability of proper merchandise and services
- Protect employees and customers by providing a safe and clean store environment.
We require exceeding attention to detail and total honesty. Your ability to work well with a team in a fast paced environment is critical. References required and thoroughly checked.
Equal opportunity employer. We never discriminate based on race, religion, sexual orientation or age. This applies to our hiring practices and the clients we are privileged to serve.
If you are smart, super nice, hard working and ready to have a fulfilling career with an established and growing jeweler in Ithaca, New York send us your resume.
Post your own classified for just $35 a month. Click here.
How to Put the Profit Back in Your Diamond Business
Green Bay, Wisconsin retailer Brian Rouse, owner of Bay Area Diamond Company, explains how the superior quality of Pure Grown Diamonds expanded his business and increased his profits.