William Henry is a great line for men who want to start wearing jewelry but want something more unique. — Becky Bettencourt, Blue River Diamonds, Peabody, MA
Top-selling jewelry brands in June
Gabriel & Co. (7), Rolex (6), Ania Haie (4), Hearts On Fire (4), Allison-Kaufman (3), Ostbye (3), Stuller (3), Sylvie Collection (3), ASHI (2), Benchmark (2), CrownRing (2), IDD (2), Lashbrook (2), Keith Jack (2), Maple Leaf Diamonds (2), Pandora (2)
* Brands mentioned by at least two of 169 Brain Squad members.
- Nicole Barr, price point and colorful Stuller — I can get the size of whatever I need in two days. — Todd R. Tinder, Tinder’s Jewelry, Bowling Green, VA
- Brooklyn Jewelers is spot on for what our younger clients want. Love their enameled stacking rings! — Lee Krombholz, Krombholz Jewelers, Cincinnati, OH
- We have seen less emphasis on brands and more on product categories. Everyone is looking for engagement or custom in our market, which we are happy to provide! — Morgan Bartel, Susann’s Custom Jewelers, Corpus Christi, TX
- Keith Jack because of its quality and price point. Otherwise, diamonds from RDI, lots of bridal! — Charlene Foltz, Pentaltha Jewelers, Tallahassee, FL
- Gabriel & Co. fashion … Lagos fashion … Benchmark wedding bands … and pearls. We had a great 29th birthday sale. — Alan Perry, Perry’s Emporium, Wilmington, NC
- Custom is still king. — Rick Sanders, Sanders Jewelers, Gainesville, FL
- Bigger, higher priced jewelry. People celebrated their missed trips with jewelry instead. A tiny silver lining for us. — Debbie Fox, Fox Fine Jewelry, Ventura, CA
- Bridal/engagement, special orders and more than a few Rolex watches. — Steven B. Goldfarb, Alvin Goldfarb Jeweler, Bellevue, WA
- Pearls were our top request for June, with pendants and earrings being the best sellers. — Annette Kinzie, Leonard Jewelry, Stillwater, OK
- I have a mixed gemstone line called my “Happy” line, and those seemed to sell well … anything bright and colorful and a lot of lower-end. — Paula Nurse, Paula Nurse Designs, Honokaa, HI
- The summer was kickstarted with diamond engagement rings for all of those pent-up romantic couples. They came in and fell in love with Roman + Jules rings. Our custom designs also help them with their dream ring becoming a reality that was shared by both. — Scott Kelly, Jems Jewels & Gold, North Wales, PA
- Lab-grown diamonds continue to dominate the engagement ring field, as well as custom mountings. — Beth Cevasco, Scott’s Custom Jewelers, Fairlawn, OH
- Maple Leaf Diamonds Canada is doing very well with the COVID-19 situation, and people are looking for home-grown goods to help our economy. — Amanda Lanteigne, Gold-N-Memories, Steinbach, MB
- Anniversary rings and engagement rings were a hot spot for us. We also did well with Konstantino and Omega watches! — Marc Majors, Sam L. Majors, Midland, TX
- Engagement rings. We have never sold so many in one month before. Custom jewelry has been through the roof. — Michael Kanoff, Michael’s Jewelers, Yardley, PA
What’s the Brain Squad?
If you’re the owner or top manager of a U.S. jewelry store, you’re invited to join the INSTORE Brain Squad. By taking one five-minute quiz a month, you can get a free t-shirt, be featured prominently in this magazine, and make your voice heard on key issues affecting the jewelry industry. Good deal, right? Sign up here.