We recently brought in the line Ania Haie. Since introducing the line to our customers, we can’t keep it in stock. Very reasonably priced and great for gifts and add-on sales. — Shannon Akridge, Clater Jewelers Diamond Center, Louisville, KY
Top-selling jewelry brands in October
Hearts On Fire (6), Ania Haie (3), Gabriel & Co. (3), Pandora (3), Rolex (3), Allison-Kaufman (2), ArtCarved (2), Benchmark (2), Carla Corporation (2), Citizen (2), John Hardy (2), Lafonn (2), Lashbrook (2), Maple Leaf Diamonds (2), Shah Luxury (2), Stuller (2), Sylvie Collection (2), Vahan (2)
* Brands mentioned by at least two of 114 Brain Squad members when asked what they would be reordering in November.
- Three-stone engagement rings are flying out the door! Many in yellow gold or two-tone. — Jen Hollywood, J Hollywood Designs, Chester Springs, PA
- Engagement rings under $1,500. Gold from Royal Chain. Sterling anything! — Andrew Russakoff, Russakoff Jewelers, Skowhegan, ME
- Believe it or not, 20-inch yellow gold rope chains for men are selling well. A few years ago, I couldn’t give them away, now I reorder every week! Also sold quite a few heavy men’s solid yellow gold link bracelets this month. — Shari Altman, B & E Jewelers, Southampton, PA
- We carry a fixed pearl on a leather necklace and bracelet set from Janes Pearl World, retail $39. They are flying off the shelves. — James Stinson, Diamond Classics, McMinnville, TN
- Diamond stud earrings! Everyone loves them and you can always need bigger! — Cathy Calhoun, Calhoun Jewelers, Royersford, PA
- We sell Gabriel gold/diamond fashion. It appeals to them because of the price and design. All age groups seem to be attracted to it, so we like to sell it as it makes it easy. — Alisha Moore, Toner Jewelers, Overland Park, KS
- Hearts On Fire: bridal and fashion! And custom bridal. — Kim Hatchell, Galloway & Moseley, Sumter, SC
- The biggest sellers for October were 14K gold earrings from Carla Corp. Mostly hollow hoops of different sizes. — Joe Caron, Caron’s Jewelry, Bristol, RI
- Fire Polish Diamonds. They are 300 percent more brilliant. Everyone loves them. Greatest change in diamond cutting in 100 years. Also a great add-on to recut the customer’s diamond. — Bill Jones, Sissy’s Log Cabin, Pine Bluff, AR
- I think it’s time that jewelers realize that men also impulse-buy! We have had lots of men making self-purchases in our INOX brand. They also have amazing blue and red line designs, which represent first responders. Prices retail on average under $100! — Stephenie Bjorkman, Sami Fine Jewelry, Fountain Hills, AZ
- Best-selling were unique gemstone jewelry! Graziela and Suzanne Kalan were the top designers in October. Price point $500-$7,500. The age of the purchasers varied from millennials to above 60. — Elizabeth Saba, Presley Co. Fine Jewelers, San Diego, CA
- October was a great month for selling opals and diamond bridal. We are thrilled diamonds are still preferred, and we experiencing a real boost in selling engagement rings with oval- and pear-shape center diamonds set in yellow gold! — Annette Kinzie, Leonard Jewelry, Stillwater, OK
- We have already done well with several of the new items that will be featured in our upcoming Christmas flyer from the Berco Co. We recently added the Ania Haie line and have done relatively well with it, too. — James Sickinger, Sickinger’s Jewelry, Lowell, IN
- We had a nice month with engagement rings. And not your typical cuts. Pear, marquise, radiant and emerald cuts seem to be popular right now. Color is slowly starting to come back and we moved a nice Mexican fire opal ring last week. — Marc Majors, Sam L. Majors, Midland, TX
- We did great with engagement rings and matching diamond bands from Shah Diamonds’ Carizza collection. We are also doing a lot of custom work off of our Carizza alloy collection. We have also had a nice run of loose diamonds bought off the street and from GN Diamonds. — Dan Levinson, Ellis Jewelers, Concord, NC
- Sylvie Collection bridal, custom and Southern Gates by Cargo Hold. — Doreen Vashlishan, Werkheiser Jewelers, Bethlehem, PA
- Lab-grown engagement center stones. MUCH better margins, customers love the story and the savings. — Jeffrey Debs, Debs Jewelers & Gemologists, Philadelphia, PA
- The fall John Hardy release has been well-received. We continue to have success with Gabriel & Co. and Hearts On Fire. — Tonia Ulsh, Mountz Jewelers, Camp Hill, PA
What’s the Brain Squad?
If you’re the owner or top manager of a U.S. jewelry store, you’re invited to join the INSTORE Brain Squad. By taking one five-minute quiz a month, you can get a free t-shirt, be featured prominently in this magazine, and make your voice heard on key issues affecting the jewelry industry. Good deal, right? Sign up here.