With fall around the bend, now is the perfect time to take a look at your online marketing and see if it’s up to snuff for the 2018 holiday season. On the most basic level, it’s all about figuring out how customers go from browsing the internet to buying jewelry in your store.
Today, we’ll take a look at what it takes to make that happen so that you can have a strategy going into the shopping season.
The Ways People Find You Online
At the most basic level, people who need jewelry find jewelers online one of two ways. They are either a) looking for jewelry, or b) they come across the jeweler while doing something else.
Your job as a jeweler in the modern world is to increase the likelihood that these situations lead to you.
People Who Are Looking
People looking for jewelry are not only asking family and friends, but they’re also using search engines. These people are the most valuable because they want jewelry and they’re looking for it now. The first thing that they will see are ads, followed by websites to visit.
You want to be in both.
People Who Come Across Jewelry
People who might want jewelry, but aren’t looking for it this moment are less valuable but still important. They see posts and ads about jewelry while browsing social media and websites. Again, you want to be in both. However, these days, social media sites are much less likely to show your posts and more likely to show your ads.
How They Turn Into Leads
After a person clicks over to your website from an ad, they have the opportunity to turn into a lead. Once they reach out with intent to buy, this is a very important person to you.
It’s easy to oversimplify this step. Sometimes we think that a person will see an ad, visit the website, come to the store, then buy jewelry. However, that person might encounter your brand in a number of different places before deciding to reach out. That’s why you give them as many options as possible to discover you.
When they discover you, they evaluate you. Does this jeweler have what I’m looking for? Do they seem reputable and trustworthy? All of the answers to these questions can be conveyed before they have a single conversation with you or your staff.
Remember, there are a plethora of options that potential customers have for reaching out. They can call, email, fill out a form, stop in, you name it. Your job is to encourage them to contact you and make it as easy as possible for them to do so.
How Leads Turn Into Customers
Once a person reaches out, excellent customer service will win them over. It’s important to realize the value of every phone call, email, and visit to the store.
These are opportunities to shine. This is the opportunity to validate everything that the customer has heard about you online that convinced them to reach out.
Good online marketing will tee things up nicely for your sales team, and they can enjoy more and better customers because of it. Here’s what you should do.
A Basic Online Strategy for Jewelers
- Let’s start by making sure you can be found by the people who are looking for jewelry.
- Advertise on search engines
- Optimize your site for search engines (SEO)
- Then, make sure the rest of the jewelry lovers out there can still find you.
- Post and advertise on social media – learn more
- Advertising with banner ads
Remind People You Exist
- Do this by reconnecting with people who have visited your website.
- Use email marketing – learn more
- Use retargeting – This is showing relevant banner ads to people who have already visited specific pages on your site.
Educate, Inform, and Convert on Your Website
- This is where the magic happens.
- Set up good pages – Include up-to-date product galleries and helpful information about your services
- Set up conversion mechanisms – Calls to action, online forms, click-to-call phone numbers, click-to-email email addresses, etc.
Track Your Success
Find out what’s working.
- Set up Google Analytics – learn more
How to Put the Profit Back in Your Diamond Business
Green Bay, Wisconsin retailer Brian Rouse, owner of Bay Area Diamond Company, explains how the superior quality of Pure Grown Diamonds expanded his business and increased his profits.
Latest Know How Stories
- Mined and Laboratory-Grown Diamonds Compete in Retail Showcases Nationwide
- How to Capture the Attention of Smartphone Users
- What to Say to The Customer Who Comes In with a Printout
- Take a Page from Toilet Paper Producers for This Themed Event
- How Should an Owner React When His Employee Shuns a Same-Sex Couple?