Beer and wine also work.
Today we bring you a simple exercise to improve your marketing from the book Do It! Marketing by David Newman. This one is called “The Cup of Coffee Question.” (Though I think it might be even better if it was renamed “The Bottle of Beer Question” or “The Glass of Wine Question.”)
Here’s the test: Look at the copy on your website or in your brochure. Could you say that copy, word for word, to a friend over a cup of coffee, bottle of beer or glass of wine without the person laughing at you or staring at you in open-mouthed confusion?
To restate, are the things you are writing in your marketing materials things you would actually say in a face-to-face conversation?
If not, start over and write again with the Coffee/Beer/Wine Test in mind.
JEWELER SUCCESS STORIES
“Halfway Through the Sale, We Already Did a Year’s Worth of Volume”
Torin Bales says he was “blown away” by Wilkerson’s results after the company ran his retirement sale. “When you hire a consultant, you have to let them take control,” says the Texas retailer. After all, if you’re like most jewelers, you only retire once. Get the maximum return on your life’s investment. Turn to Wilkerson & Associates and let your new life begin!
Latest Know How Stories
- Two Ways to Keep From Discounting an Item
- Like the Tires of a Car, One Flat Salesperson Can Ruin the Experience
- Here's What You Say to Get a "Just Looker" to Try Something On
- This Crazy Experiment with Vacation Time Could Boost Your Employees' Performance
- Want to Make More Money? Leave Your Product Comfort Zone