“Definitely!” or “Absolutely!”
WHY TO USE IT: It’s difficult saying words like “definitely” or “absolutely” in a bored voice. These words lend themselves to speaking in a confident manner. Use them and watch your enthusiasm for that new jewelry line become contagious.
Source: Renee Evenson, Powerful Phrases for Effective Customer Service: Over 700 Ready-to-Use Phrases and Scripts that Really Get Results
This article originally appeared in the June 2017 edition of INSTORE.
JEWELER SUCCESS STORIES
When it was time to close its doors, Cranstoun Court Jewellers of Sun City, Arizona chose Wilkerson to handle its liquidation sale. For all involved, the sale “far exceeded expectations.” But it wasn’t the first time Wilkerson helped sell off the store’s aging merchandise. They were there 13 years before, when ownership changed hands. See how Wilkerson can help you when it’s time to liquidate or sell off aging inventory.
Latest Know How Stories
- This Trunk Show Brainstorm Brings a Little Vegas to Your Store
- Here's How You Ask the Client to Buy as a Favor to You
- How to Tell By Your Customer's Eyes Whether They Want to Buy or Not
- How Much Should Your Staff Cost You? This and Other 'Ask INSTORE' Responses
- When an Employee Backtracks on Leaving Her Job, the Owner Finds Himself Overstaffed. What Would You Do?