Instagram has made a big difference.
Congratulations! Ninety-five percent of you are active on social media for business purposes. And you’re spending more time on it, too.
Nearly a third of jewelers spend an hour or more a day on keeping their social media sites up to date, versus about one in 10 who were investing that much time five years ago, according to INSTORE's Big Survey.
SEE MORE BIG SURVEY 2017 STORIES
The biggest leap came with Instagram, which debuted in 2010. By 2012, only 4 percent of jewelers surveyed reported trying out Instagram; now 58 percent spend time there. Facebook, of course, is still the most popular and was already well established in 2012, with 92 percent logging on then and 93 percent now. While 10 percent reported using no social media in 2012, holdouts five years later are down to 5 percent. You know who you are!
You can see all the results of the 2017 Big Survey in the October edition of INSTORE.
JEWELER SUCCESS STORIES
When it was time to close its doors, Cranstoun Court Jewellers of Sun City, Arizona chose Wilkerson to handle its liquidation sale. For all involved, the sale “far exceeded expectations.” But it wasn’t the first time Wilkerson helped sell off the store’s aging merchandise. They were there 13 years before, when ownership changed hands. See how Wilkerson can help you when it’s time to liquidate or sell off aging inventory.
Latest Know How Stories
- This Trunk Show Brainstorm Brings a Little Vegas to Your Store
- Here's How You Ask the Client to Buy as a Favor to You
- How to Tell By Your Customer's Eyes Whether They Want to Buy or Not
- How Much Should Your Staff Cost You? This and Other 'Ask INSTORE' Responses
- When an Employee Backtracks on Leaving Her Job, the Owner Finds Himself Overstaffed. What Would You Do?