“Great idea! Write it down.”
WHEN TO USE IT? You’re in a staff meeting, and people keep on piping up with ideas that move the discussion in the wrong direction. This phrase will help you get back on track while also showing respect for the employee’s contribution. Build a repertoire of such sayings: e.g. “Definitely something to consider. Note that!”
Source: Seth Godin
This article originally appeared in the December 2017 edition of INSTORE.
JEWELER SUCCESS STORIES
Wilkerson Steps in When It’s Time to Step Back
Jim Russell of Stein Jewelry in Madison, Mississippi, says Wilkerson seamlessly handled the sale that let him and his wife “do the things that we have always wanted to do.” Trust Wilkerson to handle your end of business sale—they’ll be there every step of the way.
Latest Know How Stories
- Here's a Trick That Could Draw More Interest in Trunk Shows
- Is Your Staff's Appearance Turning Away Clients?
- Here's An Especially Reassuring Way to Respond to a Client's Problem
- Don't Be Afraid to Give Advice, Says This Arkansas Jeweler
- What Legacy Will You Leave As a Jeweler? Here's What Your Peers Say