“You know, they’re probably the oldest thing any of us will ever touch.”
When to say it: When handing a diamond to a young bridal couple to examine.
Why say it: Because it reinforces what’s special about diamonds: the great journey they have made from the depths of the earth, their rarity and value, as well the idea of longevity. It’s not every day you pick up something that was three billion years in the making.
This article originally appeared in the March 2018 edition of INSTORE.
JEWELER SUCCESS STORIES
Wilkerson Steps in When It’s Time to Step Back
Jim Russell of Stein Jewelry in Madison, Mississippi, says Wilkerson seamlessly handled the sale that let him and his wife “do the things that we have always wanted to do.” Trust Wilkerson to handle your end of business sale—they’ll be there every step of the way.
Latest Know How Stories
- What Legacy Will You Leave As a Jeweler? Here's What Your Peers Say
- Can You Afford to Close Your Store for Extended Time? Here's What Other Jewelers Say
- When a Longtime Employee and Family Friend Steals from a Store and Vanishes, How Should the Owners Handle It?
- Two Ways to Keep From Discounting an Item
- Like the Tires of a Car, One Flat Salesperson Can Ruin the Experience