When someone asks for a discount, ask how much they’re willing to pay for that item. Sometimes they’ll pay more than you’d think. Or, think of alternatives such as, “I can’t on that item because we just got it in, but I can on this similar older item that I want to get rid of.” Linda Griffiths, Hoover’s Jewelers, Kearney, NE
This article originally appeared in the June 2018 edition of INSTORE.
How to Put the Profit Back in Your Diamond Business
Green Bay, Wisconsin retailer Brian Rouse, owner of Bay Area Diamond Company, explains how the superior quality of Pure Grown Diamonds expanded his business and increased his profits.
Latest Know How Stories
- Mined and Laboratory-Grown Diamonds Compete in Retail Showcases Nationwide
- How to Capture the Attention of Smartphone Users
- What to Say to The Customer Who Comes In with a Printout
- Take a Page from Toilet Paper Producers for This Themed Event
- How Should an Owner React When His Employee Shuns a Same-Sex Couple?