Our ultimate calendar for Jewelry Pros will make planning your 2018 a breeze.
“I know what I’m gonna do tomorrow, and the next day, and the next year, and the year after that.”
You’ve probably heard George Bailey utter that line in the classic Christmas movie, It’s A Wonderful Life. When George says it, we can hear the excitement in his voice — he knows what he wants to do and he has a plan to get there.
How awesome would your life be if you knew what you were going to do tomorrow, and the next day, and the next year? Now’s the time to figure it out, and we’ve got just the tool to help: The Ultimate Calendar for Jewelry Pros!
We’ve compiled interesting dates and helpful advice into a 12-page feature that you’re going to want to immediately cut out and pin to your bulletin board. From event opportunities like Sex and the City Day (invite self-purchasers to come splurge), to key industry show dates, to timely tips (June 29: “buy your staff books on selling — because everybody needs summer beach reading”), this feature is so chock-full of ideas, your biggest challenge will be figuring out how many you can actually pull off.
If that’s not enough, we’ve got the usual highlights, including the hottest new gold jewelry (p. 20), runway and celebrity trends (p. 26), the secret to figuring out how much to take out of your business (p. 64), the very coolest ceiling fixtures we could find (p. 72), a store whose coolness lies in its flexibility and daring (p. 76), and much, much more!
So don’t stop now — turn the page and start figuring out how to make 2018 your most “wonderful” year yet!
FIVE SMART TIPS YOU'LL FIND INSIDE THIS EDITION
1. Reward your staff for watching inspirational videos, podcasts and webinars.
2. Hold an “inventory detox” event targeting jewelry over four months old.
3. Pair with a local artisan to hide jewelry in bath bombs and give them away before Valentine’s Day.
4. Highlight happy customers on Facebook to win over new ones.
5. Use modular, movable showcases so that you can easily transform your showroom for events.
This article originally appeared in the January 2018 edition of INSTORE.
JEWELER SUCCESS STORIES
Wilkerson Steps in When It’s Time to Step Back
Jim Russell of Stein Jewelry in Madison, Mississippi, says Wilkerson seamlessly handled the sale that let him and his wife “do the things that we have always wanted to do.” Trust Wilkerson to handle your end of business sale—they’ll be there every step of the way.
Latest Know How Stories
- Here's a Trick That Could Draw More Interest in Trunk Shows
- Is Your Staff's Appearance Turning Away Clients?
- Here's An Especially Reassuring Way to Respond to a Client's Problem
- Don't Be Afraid to Give Advice, Says This Arkansas Jeweler
- What Legacy Will You Leave As a Jeweler? Here's What Your Peers Say