WHY IT IS TRUE: General knowledge of the world shows you are a well-rounded individual. That knowledge enables you to intelligently participate in many conversations.
PLAN OF ACTION: Know enough to have some general understanding about what is going on outside of your field of expertise. Know enough about news, art, and sports to keep up a conversation. People are more likely to buy from people who they trust. And knowledge is a strong validation of trust. — David Richardson
This article originally appeared in the January 2016 edition of INSTORE.
JEWELER SUCCESS STORIES
When it was time to close its doors, Cranstoun Court Jewellers of Sun City, Arizona chose Wilkerson to handle its liquidation sale. For all involved, the sale “far exceeded expectations.” But it wasn’t the first time Wilkerson helped sell off the store’s aging merchandise. They were there 13 years before, when ownership changed hands. See how Wilkerson can help you when it’s time to liquidate or sell off aging inventory.
Latest Know How Stories
- This Trunk Show Brainstorm Brings a Little Vegas to Your Store
- Here's How You Ask the Client to Buy as a Favor to You
- How to Tell By Your Customer's Eyes Whether They Want to Buy or Not
- How Much Should Your Staff Cost You? This and Other 'Ask INSTORE' Responses
- When an Employee Backtracks on Leaving Her Job, the Owner Finds Himself Overstaffed. What Would You Do?