Why it is true: If you get caught lying to a customer, it is not only embarrassing, but you lose credibility and trust with that customer.
Plan of action: No matter how bad it hurts, always tell the customer the truth. A lie will come back to bite you in ways you never thought of. You’ve built up a remarkable image in your marketplace ... don’t do anything to wreck it.
This article originally appeared in the March 2017 edition of INSTORE.
JEWELER SUCCESS STORIES
“Halfway Through the Sale, We Already Did a Year’s Worth of Volume”
Torin Bales says he was “blown away” by Wilkerson’s results after the company ran his retirement sale. “When you hire a consultant, you have to let them take control,” says the Texas retailer. After all, if you’re like most jewelers, you only retire once. Get the maximum return on your life’s investment. Turn to Wilkerson & Associates and let your new life begin!
Latest Know How Stories
- Two Ways to Keep From Discounting an Item
- Like the Tires of a Car, One Flat Salesperson Can Ruin the Experience
- Here's What You Say to Get a "Just Looker" to Try Something On
- This Crazy Experiment with Vacation Time Could Boost Your Employees' Performance
- Want to Make More Money? Leave Your Product Comfort Zone