WHY IT IS TRUE: Many salespeople think they “know it all” and couldn’t care less if they get better.
PLAN OF ACTION: We’ve all been charmed by a salesperson. They sounded great in the interview, and you had an open position that desperately needed to be filled. Open the door to your training program and see how they respond. Watch their eyes. If they are with you, they are giving it a shot. If not, recognize your mistake and immediately make a change. You wouldn’t be the first person who unknowingly hired a loser, but you could be the last person who unsuccessfully kept that loser.
DAVID W. RICHARDSON CSP, Jewelry Sales Training International
This article originally appeared in the May 2017 edition of INSTORE.
JEWELER SUCCESS STORIES
“Halfway Through the Sale, We Already Did a Year’s Worth of Volume”
Torin Bales says he was “blown away” by Wilkerson’s results after the company ran his retirement sale. “When you hire a consultant, you have to let them take control,” says the Texas retailer. After all, if you’re like most jewelers, you only retire once. Get the maximum return on your life’s investment. Turn to Wilkerson & Associates and let your new life begin!
Latest Know How Stories
- Two Ways to Keep From Discounting an Item
- Like the Tires of a Car, One Flat Salesperson Can Ruin the Experience
- Here's What You Say to Get a "Just Looker" to Try Something On
- This Crazy Experiment with Vacation Time Could Boost Your Employees' Performance
- Want to Make More Money? Leave Your Product Comfort Zone