She has a long history of arrests.
Doris Payne, who has frequently made headlines for her long history as a jewelry thief, has been arrested in the Atlanta area.
Payne, 86, was taken into custody and charged with shoplifting at Perimeter Mall in Dunwoody, GA, WXIA-TV reports.
The New York Post reports: “A police report says Payne put a $2,000 necklace in her back pocket and tried to leave the store.” The newspaper reports that her career as a jewelry thief “has spanned six decades.”
Payne has been arrested many times before in the U.S. and several other countries, including Switzerland and France.
In 2013 a documentary about her was released: “The Life and Crimes of Doris Payne.”
Read more at WXIA
Latest Fun Stories
- Video: Gene the Jeweler Hired His Nephew ... And at Least Insurance Covered the Damage
- Cartoon: Now That's Customer Service ...
- Video: Sometimes You Have to Fire a Customer ... And Here's a Great Example
- Video: Gene the Jeweler Explains His Moonstone Strategy
- Here's What All Jewelers Wish They Could Say to Ring Lickers
JEWELER SUCCESS STORIES
“Halfway Through the Sale, We Already Did a Year’s Worth of Volume”
Torin Bales says he was “blown away” by Wilkerson’s results after the company ran his retirement sale. “When you hire a consultant, you have to let them take control,” says the Texas retailer. After all, if you’re like most jewelers, you only retire once. Get the maximum return on your life’s investment. Turn to Wilkerson & Associates and let your new life begin!
Latest Shine Headlines
- Jewelers’ Confidence Levels Show Continued Optimism
- Richemont Buys Watch Retailer
- From the Rapaport Breakfast: Building Relationships with Diamond Sources Seen as Key to Stopping Abuses in the Diamond Industry
- GIA Launches Proprietary Cut Program for Diamond Grading Reports
- Authorities: Jeweler's Shooting Death Was Murder-for-Hire Ordered by Son