He treated his employees as family.
John Bailliere Joseph of Josephs Jewelers in West Des Moines, IA, has died at age 55.
A posting on the store's Facebook page states: "He was a business leader who cared about the wellbeing of his employees and truly viewed them as extended family."
His obituary at Legacy.com says that Joseph, of Waukee, "passed away peacefully surrounded by family on December 13, 2016."
Joseph joined the family business in 1983.
The obituary further explains that he was an active member of the American Gem Society and held the title of Registered Jeweler.
"His passion for colored stones lead him to many great travels and jewelry shows around the world," according to the obituary.
Read the full obituary.
Latest Fun Stories
JEWELER SUCCESS STORIES
When it was time to close its doors, Cranstoun Court Jewellers of Sun City, Arizona chose Wilkerson to handle its liquidation sale. For all involved, the sale “far exceeded expectations.” But it wasn’t the first time Wilkerson helped sell off the store’s aging merchandise. They were there 13 years before, when ownership changed hands. See how Wilkerson can help you when it’s time to liquidate or sell off aging inventory.
Latest Shine Headlines
- Survey Reveals US Engagement-Ring Cost Expectations — and They're Pretty Low
- Online Luxury Retailer Launches Jewelry Portal, Targets $120M+ in Sales
- Jewelry Chain to Close Its 9 US Stores After Failing to Find Buyer
- Ascend Marketing Reports Strong Jeweler Response to Video Ad Plan
- Jewelry Brand to Lay Off 40+ Employees